How to remove a delta monitor shower faucet handle?
To remove a Delta Series 1700 shower handle, remove the cover, screw, temperature control knob and handle. If disassembling further, ensure the water is turned off before beginning any repairs.
The Delta Series 1700 shower assembly utilizes a one valved handle to adjust the temperature, rather than a separate handle for the hot and the cold. To remove the handle:
- Rotate the handle. Rotate the volume control handle so that the lever faces to the right.
- Remove the temperature cover. The handle assembly uses a temperature control cover that snaps into place to hide the screw on the knob. Gently pry off the temperature control cover.
- Remove the screw. The assembly is held together with one screw. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove it while holding the handle in place.
- Remove the temperature control knob. The temperature control knob works with the limit stop to keep the water temperature below 120 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the hottest temperature allowed by industry standards. Some areas require a lower setting, so check local ordinances before adjusting the setting. Slide off the temperature control knob to continue disassembling the handle.
- Remove the volume control handle. Slide the control handle off of the handle assembly. Once the handle is removed, the sleeve, bonnet nut, O-ring and cartridge are accessible for repair or replacement.