How to remove frown lines from forehead?
Frown lines are primarily caused by aging. As you age, your skin loses elasticity and doesn’t easily return to its original shape.
Other things that contribute to having frown lines are:
- Genetics. Your DNA determines whether you have the type of skin that is resilient and can delay lines or the type of skin that is more prone to lines and wrinkles.
- Sunlight. The UV rays in sunlight break down the elastin and collagen in your skin, making you more susceptible to the formation of lines.
- Repeated expressions. If there is a facial expression that you make often (like frowning, smiling, squinting or furrowing your eyebrows), you may be more likely to get frown lines.
- Stress. This can cause facial tension, which can lead to a repeated facial expression, which can lead to frown lines.
- Smoking. The repeated motion of smoking a cigarette or cigar can cause frown lines around the mouth. The tobacco smoke inhaled causes wrinkles and lines due to a narrowing of the blood vessels, which then deliver less oxygenated blood to those tissues.
Although many people turn to treatments such as injections of Botox to soften frown lines, there are some simple ways to start addressing frown lines without injections:
- Eat a healthy diet that includeslots of water. Proper hydration helps defend against facial lines. Also consider taking a supplement that includes omega-3 fatty acids to aid in skin hydration.
- Get enough sleepto allow your skin to recharge. And sleep on your back. Sleeping with your face on your pillow can stretch skin and encourage frown lines.
- Use sunscreen on your face every day. Don’t forget that the sun’s UV rays are there even on cloudy days and during the winter. And wear sunglasses. Not only will sunglasses keep you from squinting, but they’ll protect the skin around your eyes.
- Moisturize your faceat least three times each day. Use your favorite moisturizer. Don’t forget the skin between your eyes and eyebrows.
- Exfoliate your face a couple of times a week. Use your favorite exfoliating scrub to clear away the dead skin cells.