How to remove password protect a folder in windows 10?
There is a built-in encryption tool for Windows called Encrypting File System (EFS). It is used to encrypt files and folders on your computer for privacy purposes. You can reverse the encryption to access your files again by decrypting them. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Right-click the folder or file, then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, then click Advanced.
- Uncheck the Encrypt contents to secure data checkbox.
- If you are decrypting folders, select the option Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files.
- Click OK, then click OK again to exit the window.
Let us know if the solution above works for you.
4 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.